My favorite reading challenge of 2011 is back this year with more categories! Woo hoo! And even though I’m still working on the 2011 challenge, it’s time to sign-up for 2012 challenges. If you want to take a look at the rules and sign-up, check out Sarah Reads Too Much.
Here are this year’s categories with some thoughts on what I’m going to read:
- Any 19th Century Classic – I still haven’t read a 19th Century classic for THIS year’s challenge, so I have NO idea. I own many titles from the century so I can choose from Jane Eyre (1847), The Count of Monte Cristo (1845), Little Women (1868), Great Expectations (1861), and many more.
- Any 20th Century Classic – I’m probably going to stick with reading a Pulitzer Prize winner for this one simply because I do want to make progress on that project next year.
- Reread a classic of your choice – Definitely The Hobbit.
- A Classic Play – I’m definitely going to read some Shakespeare! Perhaps Much Ado About Nothing.
- Classic Mystery/Horror/Crime Fiction – I’ve been planning to read some old school Stephen King, maybe The Shining.
- Classic Romance – Umm…suggestions?
- Read a Classic that has been translated from its original language to your language - Oh boy…again, suggestions? Perhaps something Russian, Japanese? Tolstoy? Murakami? Garcia Marquez? Coelho?
- Classic Award Winner – Again…probably something from the Pulitzer list. OR a National Book Award winner…decisions, decisions.
- Read a Classic set in a Country that you (realistically speaking) will not visit during your lifetime – Again…suggestions?