According to Goodreads, I’ve read or listened to over 60 books so far this year. I have read good books, I have attempted bad books, and I’ve tried to read a variety of genres. While I signed up for a few challenges at the end of 2011, I haven’t really paid attention to my progress there (probably because I’ve made very little…oops, I suck.).
So here’s the thing, I’ve read several great books and while I’ve discussed a few of them already, I think it’s time to remind everyone (including myself) of the awesome books I’ve met so far this year.
New Fiction in 2012:
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn – Dark & twisted awesomeness.
- Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter – Lovely.
- Wife 22 by Melanie Gideon – Unexpectedly good.
- The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker – Speculative fiction at it’s best.
- The Expats by Chris Pavone – Spies are cool.
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green – Do you like to cry? I like to cry.
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio – Will make you rethink every mean thing you’ve ever said.
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth – What an ending! Now I need more. Stupid series.
- Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver – That was who?! WHAT? Again, everything’s a series.
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer- I have a special place in my heart for cyborgs & fairy tales. Also a series.
New Nonfiction in 2012:
- Let’s Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson – The Bloggess is awesome.
- Breasts: A Natural & Unnatural History by Florence Williams – Boobs are amazing.
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain – Introverts should rule the world WITH extroverts because it’s all about balance.
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life & Business by Charles Duhigg – Apparently I like my nonfiction with a side of self-help.
Of course, the real test is how long these books stick with me. How long will the characters/information float around in my head? What will I remember of these books at the end of the year? We shall see…