2011 Chunkster Challenge
Starts: Feb 1, 2011 Ends: Jan 31, 2012
Level: The Plump Primer (6 Chunksters)
I’m still working on what my ginormous reads will be, but I’ve got a few options sitting on my shelf (and they all count toward the TBR Challenge!).
- The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber
- Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
- The Memoirs of Cleopatra by Margaret George
- Mary, Queen of Scotland and the Isles by Margaret George
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
- The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
- War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
- The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
- A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
- A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin
- The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach
- Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin
- Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond
- American Lion by Jon Meacham
Definition of a Chunkster:
- A chunkster is 450 pages or more of ADULT literature (fiction or nonfiction) … A chunkster should be a challenge. (About this – whoever said The Lost Symbol is a chunkster is crazy because it’s NOT a challenging book.)
- If you read large type books your book will need to be 525 pages or more … The average large type book is 10-15% longer or more so I think that was a fair estimate.
- No Audio books in the chunkster. It just doesn’t seem right. Words on paper for this one folks.
- No e-Books allowed - we are reading traditional, fat books for this challenge (please see this post to understand the rationale behind this rule)
- Short Stories and Essay collections will not be counted.
- Books may crossover with other challenges
- Anyone may join. If you don’t have a blog, just leave me a comment on this post with your progress (and to let me know you are playing)
- You don’t need to list your books ahead of time.
- Once you pick a level, that’s it…you’re committed to that level!